- Price Range: low
- Payment Type: fixed
- Item Type: sell
- Condition: new
- Warranty: yes
- Status: open
The Choral Consortium of San Diego is accepting applications for Assistant to the Executive Director.
The Choral Consortium of San Diego (CCSD) was founded in 2010 by leaders of area choirs in response to a need for improved communication and coordination among the choirs. Its leaders work together to share resources, promote each other’s concerts, and develop community-wide programs to highlight the many opportunities to sing in choirs. In 2014, the Choral Consortium of San Diego incorporated, formed a Board of Directors, and became a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization with a mission to unite, support, and promote the vibrant choral community of the San Diego/Tijuana region through collaboration, inclusion, and performance.
CCSD has grown to approximately 75 Member Choirs from all over San Diego County and adjacent areas (Tijuana, Orange County, and Riverside County), as well as almost two dozen Individual Members. To support its growing membership and to enhance its programs and services in support of its mission, CCSD has created its first part-time employee position.
The Assistant to the Executive Director will work under the Executive Director and Board of Directors to provide administrative support. The position is expected to provide the opportunity for growth and advancement.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining membership records, email and website
- Maintaining social media accounts
- Billing and following up with member choirs
- Updating the CCSD public website (sdsings.org) as needed
- Paying vendors, recording receipts, making bank deposits
- Maintaining accounting records in Quickbooks
- Editing and distributing monthly newsletter
- Communicating with member choirs, donors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete tasks on a timely basis
- Excellent customer service skills, including timely, courteous and helpful interactions
- Excellent English communication skills including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and tone
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus
- Experience with digital platforms and aptitude for learning new ones
- Required experience and fluency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Preferred experience with WordPress, Quickbooks Online, PayPal, Email newsletter programs, Chorus Connection. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an additional plus.
This is a part-time non-exempt position. Hours are flexible, averaging 10 hours per week. Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience. There are no benefits offered with this position. Work will be remote, with no equipment provided by CCSD. Anticipated start date is March 1, 2022. Potential for increase in hours pending available funds and established need.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and brief cover letter that outlines why you are interested in the position and why you are a strong candidate to email@example.com by January 31, 2022.