- Price Range: low
- Payment Type: fixed
- Item Type: sell
- Condition: new
- Warranty: yes
- Status: open
San Carlos United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Director of Music Ministries. The Director of Music Ministries directs and coordinates the entire music program of the church in a manner that supports and extends the church’s vision, enhances the spirit of worship, and assists the congregation and community in praising and serving God. Duties include conducting the choirs (including Chancel Choir, Handbell Choir, Church Concert Band,) coordinating and supervising other church choral and instrumental organizations, and worship planning. The Director of Music reports directly to the Senior Minister.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Mature and practicing Christian faith compatible with that of the United Methodist Church.
- Mastery of United Methodist hymnody and an appreciation of diverse styles of worship music.
- Expertise in conducting and arranging instrumental and choral music.
- Significant liturgical experience and understanding of traditional and modern Christian worship expressions.
- Conversant in a wide range of choral repertoire.
- Ability to function cooperatively with church staff, volunteers and band/choir members, as well as organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
This 24-hour position includes benefits and vacation. Please provide resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.