- Price Range: low
- Payment Type: fixed
- Item Type: sell
- Condition: new
- Warranty: yes
- Status: open
Are you looking for part-time marketing work to supplement your current income? Do you love music? Are you an excellent communicator? Are you passionate about developing marketing materials that resonate with new and current choral music enthusiasts? Are you organized and detail oriented? If so, the prestigious San Diego Master Chorale is looking for a part-time Marketing Communications Specialist.
The Marketing Communications Specialist for the SD Master Chorale is responsible for the development and management of marketing materials and assets that are required to support the self-produced performances (currently three performances over the next six months). The position reports to the Executive Director and current Marketing Committee Chair. The position works in close coordination with the Music Director, the Artistic Personnel and Production Manager (APPM), and the Board of Directors.
Skill requirements: Superior communication, writing, and organizational skills. Ability to quickly understand the needs of the Chorale and appreciate the motivations and interests of choral music lovers. The fundamental goal is to drive awareness and attendance using compelling messaging and professional-caliber marketing materials. Planning skills, and an eye for detail are musts. Applicants are required to have computer skills for word processing and collaborative file management (Google Docs and Sheets, Microsoft Office, etc.). Applicants need the ability to work independently and as part of a team, supporting other staff members as required. The qualified candidate will not need to be located in San Diego.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan and timeline for each concert, with input and approval by the Marketing Committee.
- Work with the Music Director and APPM to create copy for use in pre-concert announcements, email blasts, media alerts, press releases, and other outbound marketing materials.
- Supervise and manage the design, production, and distribution of all print and digital collateral, and paid advertising. Note: A professional graphic designer is already on contract.
- Review every page of the website on at least a monthly basis to make sure it is current and on-brand, and direct the Web Developer to implement changes as needed.
- On at least a monthly basis, along with the current social media lead, review the Chorale’s digital presence on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and in external listings such as on the Choral Consortium of San Diego, Chorus America, and GuideStar, and arrange for updates as needed.
- Look for opportunities to leverage partner assets to promote the Chorale (for example, monitor the San Diego Symphony Orchestra’s schedule of Sunday evening KPBS broadcasts of masterworks on a monthly basis, so that we can announce upcoming programs that feature the Chorale).
- Oversee the creation and distribution of pre-concert announcements to current and potential supporters via our electronic mailing lists.
- Design and implement pre- and post-event surveys in conjunction with box office activities, so that we can gather the data needed for grant reports.
- Ensure the Chorale is well positioned to take full advantage of visibility opportunities such as the printed programs of partner concerts (e.g., San Diego Symphony Orchestra, La Jolla Music Society, and Mainly Mozart), and our membership in the San Diego Performing Arts League.
Estimated work hours: 12-18 hours per week, 48-72 hours per month. Compensation will range between $1,000 – $1,500 per month.
To apply, please send an email cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to Larry McIntosh, email@example.com