ABOUT THE CHORAL CONSORTIUM
The Choral Consortium of San Diego is a service organization composed of choruses and individuals who support the choral art from throughout San Diego County. Today we provide the following services:
- Promotion of member choir concerts, auditions/open houses, and job postings through newsletters and social media
- Comprehensive web calendar for all member choir performances
- Quarterly member meetings including educational presentations and networking opportunities
- Community-wide performances such as San Diego Sings! Festivals, featuring over 20 area choirs performing in a single day, free for the public
- Discounted or free training classes through membership in Nonprofit Management Solutions
- Advocacy in support of the arts, especially choral music, in San Diego
San Diego State University Chamber Choir
The Choral Consortium of San Diego was founded in 2010 by leaders of area choirs, in response to a need for better communication and coordination among the choirs, particularly in scheduling concerts on non-conflicting dates. Benefits of working together became clear very quickly, including the opportunity to share resources, promote each other’s concerts, and develop community-wide programs to highlight the many opportunities to sing in choirs. In 2014, the Choral Consortium of San Diego incorporated, formed a Board of Directors, and became a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. Membership dues were instituted for choirs and later modified to include memberships for individuals, including music teachers and accompanists who can be listed as a resource for the choral community. The organization now has approximately 70 member choirs!
OUR VISION AND CORE VALUES
San Diego Jewish Men’s Choir
Our vision is one of a community living in harmony, united through the shared singing experience.
Collaboration/Community Building – We strive to nurture beneficial relationships within the community and increase access to the choral arts to develop and expand appreciation of choral music.
Stewardship – We strive to deliver more impactful programs at lower cost by combining the needs and resources of our members to achieve economies of scale.
Excellence –We strive to produce programs that support choirs in achieving excellence in artistic and organizational performance.
Education and Learning – Training in arts management is a vital component of our members’ development. We are committed to expanding and providing educational opportunities for our member choirs and singers.